This week, I had one of my really good mom friends over. She just had her third baby and I wanted her to come over and relax. I made Chicken Squares and Romaine Salad with Mandarin Oranges for lunch which was a favorite for us at play dates after we both had our first children. I loved having her over to catch up and holding baby Jensen who is a really good baby. Shari makes having three kids seem easy, and Eric loves that she is always telling me to have another one. Can't wait to see you again next week!
***The only change I made was to add half the amount of onion powder. I didn't want too much since Shari is still nursing and I know that spice can bother some babies.
Chicken Squares
(Recipe from Prized Recipes to Cook and Savor which was given to me by my friend Monica)
Yields
4 large squares or 8 mini ones
Ingredients
3 oz. cream cheese
3 tsp. (melted, reserve 1 tsp.)
2 cups chicken, cubed (I used leftover chicken from the Herb Roast Chicken)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 T. milk
1 tsp. onion
1 (8 oz) pkg. crescent rolls
3/4 Cup crushed croutons
Preparation
Mix first 7 ingredients together. Pour mixture into the crescent rolls and shape into squares. Top with butter and crushed croutons. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment