On my quest to find more recipes that are easy for days that I work, I tried this one. I thought it was really good. Cameron liked that it had chicken, Kaylee liked the rice part. Eric wasn't home for dinner this night. I had a lot left over for lunch and it was good for lunch as well.
Indian Chicken
(www.365crockpot.blogspot.com)
The Ingredients
--frozen chicken pieces--enough to feed 4 grownups
--1 can tomatoes (drained, mine had seasoning, I don't think it matters)
--1/2 diced onion
--1/2 t ginger
--2 cloves garlic, minced
--1/2 t ground coriander
--1/4 t cayenne pepper
--1 t garam masala (1/2 t to add now, 1/2 later)
--1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt
The Directions
--put your chicken pieces into the crockpot and add the can of tomatoes and all of the spices, minus 1/2t of the garam masala.
Don't add the yogurt yet.
cook on low all day. I cooked this for 8 hours, and the chicken shredded and lost it's shape, but tasted so good that it didn't matter. Remember that the food you cook at home in your crockpot will not look like restaurant food---but trust me that the spice combo is spot-on.
30 minutes before serving, stir in the yogurt, and taste. I wanted the garam masala flavor to be pronounced, so I added another 1/2t to the mix. Add what tastes right to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment